Daiichi Sankyo Inc. Assoc Dir Alliance Mgmt in Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Auto req ID:
Job Summary :
The alliance manager will work with our DSI CRO partners to identify value drivers, value creation opportunities and key risks associated with DSI strategic priorities and growth strategy. The alliance manager will partner with cross-functional study teams to prepare for and engage in interactions with our external partners to ensure successful outcomes for our clinical programs.
· Support success of DSI strategic alliance goals & ensure relationships with DSI alliance partners remain productive.
· Work with partners to identify value drivers, value creation opportunities and key risks associated with DSI strategic priorities and growth strategy.
· Define escalation process both within DSI and within the partner organization.
· Engage with the alliance partner on the various day-to-day issues and opportunities arising from the collaborations.
· Partner with cross-functional study teams from Specialty Medicine and Cancer Enterprise to prepare for and engage in interactions with our external partners to ensure successful outcomes for our clinical programs (e.g. direction/input for joint operating and steering committee meetings, development and review of metrics, project-based analyses & recommendations).
· Recommend and implement innovative process ideas and tools to improve outsourcing and optimize the strategic outsourcing model.
· Develop an informed & practical point of view when dealing with areas of ambiguity and proactively work to identify & mitigate issues.
· Build expertise about alliance partner companies, including partner company’s organization structure, leadership, strategies, financials, priorities, etc.; become in-house “internal expert” on partner company.
· Conduct regular reviews/meetings with senior management and other functions as appropriate to communicate current partner status, key issues, milestones, etc. and to gather feedback.
· Drive and/or assist in the review and creation of communications and develop agendas, manage key joint operating and steering committee meetings and document the key discussion points and decisions taken at these meetings.
· Responsible for development/maintenance of partnership engagement plans (e.g., partnership manuals, governance plans, etc.).
· Build and maintain collaborative relationships with key personnel both internally and with alliance partner(s).
Regularly communicate with partner alliance management counterpart and other key partner stakeholders as needed, including ad hoc communications that require cross-functional involvement.
· Create strategic level KPIs/KQIs and conduct ongoing analysis of outsourcing provider performance to ensure compliance of contracted services.
· Perform regular alliance audits and “health checks”.
· Liaise with DSI Clinical Operations, Outsourcing and Procurement, Legal, and Finance, representatives to ensure that key contract terms, including roles & responsibilities, milestones, financial transactions, progress reports, etc. are executed appropriately.
· Conduct ongoing lessons learned analyses and identify areas of focus to proactively identify and mitigate operational risk.
Identify issues as they arise internally, or as a result of partner interactions, and work with team leadership and other necessary stakeholders to formulate a position/strategy and participate/drive resolution.
· Bachelor’s Degree in the Sciences and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology drug development.
· Strong drug development knowledge with understanding of other functions relevant to the position.
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, engage, focus, negotiate, and resolve conflict internally and externally.
Demonstrate ability to work independently, proactively and with agility in a complex, matrix environment.
Ability to, work in an ambiguous environment, build internal alignment, influence others and manage differences effectively.
Demonstrate ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key project and partnership issues, while working with and coordinating demands from multiple customers both internally and at alliance partners.
Demonstrate ability to combine attention to detail with big picture perspective, operationalizing via excellence in project management and effectively managing multiple projects/priorities.
Assoc Dir Alliance Mgmt
R&D Clinical Development Operations